MicroDC2 Seems to be a good client to use for a headless server. It is configured by command line and there appears to be an update released just recently (first update in 5 years). The package installs using apt-get in Debian (I’m using Debian since there isn’t a proper Ubuntu release for the RPI3 yet).
So my initially Nanobridge factory reset itself, before resetting itself every minute or so. I assumed it was due to my crappy wiring initially. First thing I did was get a Ubiquiti ETH-SP Ethernet Surge Protector, this really is more related to the safety of the LAN than anything else, except that now I have the Ethernet port for the NanoBridge accessible from my ceiling. When I went to install the ETH-SP I found one pair of the network cable wasn’t connected properly.
Monday a wifi stumble returned some surprisingly decent numbers, initially my idea was to have a mast up by Tuesday. I repaired my hammer drill and got to constructing. This effort resulted in a total of half a hole drilled once I’d gotten up to the roof.
I’ve been looking at the lovely new Makita hammer drill I bought and feeling a bit guilty. Oh well I bought it now, lets hope Makita doesn’t pull any planned obsolescence schemes on the batteries any time soon.
It’s now Thursday, I was able to run a cable to my LAN and stumble a connection. Initially I was getting signal around 80dBm, I went to google earth so I knew at least which direction to aim and zing we’re online!